.

Friday, January 25, 2019

“My Place” by Sally Morgan Essay

The longest journey of a someone is the journey inward, Dag Hammerskjvld. An internal journey is a powerful voyage of the mind, soul and spirit that impacts on all aspects of a persons life. intragroup journeys translate personal, spiritual and in breakectual ripening and development. Experiences that allow personal development and growth will change the way that some aspects of life is viewed. Daisy and Gladys embark upon inner explorations rough acceptance of their aboriginality, their spiritual identity as aborigines and their self take to be/ self worth.Gladys faced many challenges and obstacles in her life. At Parkerville childrens base of operations Gladys resented the colour of her sputter. I valued to be white I yet hoped a white family would adopt me Gladys fear of authority and her aboriginality stemmed from her amaze Daisy. Upon confessing her nationality, an old lady exclaimed Oh you poor thingWhat on earth be you going to do? Mum told me I must never tell anyone what I was, that was when I started wishing I was someone different milliampere make me actually frightened, I was really scared of authority. This use of unmediated gives a subjective viewpoint of a character.It gives its own individuality, speed and speech rhythm to Gladys story. Throughout the book Gladys moves from denial to a passive acceptance of her aboriginality to pride. I feel embarrassed now to debate that once I wanted to be whiteIve changed since those days The natural vernacular employ by Gladys gives her story individuality and done the use of everyday speech positions the wider audience to respond to the story. Her changing viewpoint about her preferred skin colour signifies personal growth and development as she is now accept herself holistically rather then in fragments.Daisys life has been scarred with personal and sexual exploitations and hardships. Im shamefaced of myself, now. I feel shamed for some of the things I done. I wanted to be white you findwhat was wrong with my own people? The emotive use of verbatim with speech such as shamed create an individual speech descriptor for Daisys story and adds veracity. The comparison between what she feels now and what she felt antecedently show inner growth and self exploration. Saying that she wanted to be white and now acknowledges and appreciates the fact that she is black is a big  constructive and progressive step for Daisy. he told us we must save ourselves for marriage. some of us had already been taken by white men. We felt really shamed There I was stuck in the middle. Too black for the whites and also white for the blacks. Daisy held little control over her life she was constantly downtrodden and made to feel like a second class citizen or fractional human. Sal the fights gone out o me. I got no strength left wingBlackfellas got to show the white man what they made of. I like to think the black man will get treated same as the white man one day Daisy lets go i n the dismiss because she finally accepts her aboriginality. The emotive language used positions the audience to respond with empathy.My say as well as the inner journeys of Daisy and Gladys has taught me many valuable lessons about journeys. I learnt that not all inner journeys result in unity and attainment. Though I also learnt that even a small measuring stick of personal growth and development can change and impact upon a person tremendously.Inner journeys involve self exploration in which individuals refreshen their growth and development in the light of experiences which challenge and test them. Inner exploration can provide clarity, direction, increased self esteem and check insight into oneself, others and the surrounding world. Gladys and Daisy both experience inner journeys as they research their aboriginality and themselves. The women both learn adapt and change as they survive through numerous challenges and obstacles transforming into more wholesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment